FINNAIR TESTAA ALIPAYTA

FINNAIR TARJOAA ensimmäisenä lentoyhtiönä maailmassa mahdollisuuden kiinalaisten asiakkaiden suosimaan Alipay-maksamiseen. Finnairin ja Alipayn suomalaisen yhteistyökumppanin ePassin yhteistyö mahdollistaa Alipay-maksamisen lennoilla myytävien tax free -tuotteiden ja lisäpalvelujen lisäksi myös Finnairin non-Schengen loungessa Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasemalla.

– Uusien digitaalisten ratkaisujen hyödyntäminen on tärkeä osa kasvustrategiamme toteuttamista, sanoo Finnairin Chief Digital Officer Katri Harra-Salonen.

– Matkustajamäärät kasvavat koko ajan Aasian ja Pohjois-Euroopan välillä, ja samalla tarve kiinalaisille tuttuun ja turvalliseen online-maksuvaihtoehtoon kasvaa. Yhteistyömme Alipayn ja ePassin kanssa vastaa tähän tarpeeseen.

ALIPAY ON käyttäjämäärältään maailman suurin online-maksukanava ja osa Alibaba-konsernia. Alipaylla on 450 miljoonaa rekisteröitynyttä käyttäjää ja sitä käyttää jopa 60 % kiinalaisista matkailijoista.

Suomessa Alipay käy tällä hetkellä yli sadassa toimipisteessä, ja tavoitteena on laajentaa lukumäärää noin tuhanteen kevään 2017 aikana.

ALIPAY MAKSAMISTA testataan parhaillaan Finnairin Shanghain-reitillä, ja päätökset mahdollisesta laajentamisesta yhtiön muille Kiinan-lennoille tehdään kokeilujakson jälkeen. Finnairin Helsingin ja Shanghain väliset lennot operoidaan langattomalla yhteydellä varustetuilla Airbus 350 -koneilla.

Finnairin koko laajarunkolaivasto saa langattoman yhteyden keväällä 2017, mikä tuo uusia mahdollisuuksia kehittää lennonaikaista asiakaskokemusta sekä ostos- ja viihdemahdollisuuksia.

Share This:

VIIKONLOPPUMATKALLE KEVEIN VARUSTEIN

EN LIENE AINOA, joka kerta toisensa jälkeen varustautuu lyhyisiinkin kaupunkilomiin kuin maailmanloppuun. Mukana kulkee vähintäänkin trolley ja olkalaukku täynnä muka tarpeellista tavaraa.

Lopulta kuitenkin käy niin, että palatessa huomaa yliarvioineensa vaihtovaatteiden, kosmetiikan ja muun matkalla tarvittavan tavaran määrän. Liiallisesta varustautumisesta on tullut nykyajan ongelma. Tästä kertovat vuosittain kymmenet, jopa sadat matkailujutut, joissa lentoemänniltä kysytään vinkkejä mahdollisimman tehokkaaseen pakkaamiseen.

Uskallan kuitenkin väittää, että vanhakin konkari voi oppia uusia temppuja ihan omatoimisesti, mutta se edellyttää päättäväisyyttä.

Ihmiskokeen tulos: Hyvin istuva ergonomisesti muotoiltu reppu on käytössä lähes huomaamaton.
Ihmiskokeen tulos: Hyvin istuva ergonomisesti muotoiltu reppu on käytössä lähes huomaamaton.

TUUMASTA TOIMEEN. Alistin itseni ihmiskokeeseen ja lähdin kahden yön yli kestävälle laivamatkalle Tukholmaan mahdollisimman kevein varustein. Tavoitteena oli pakata yhteen pieneen reppuun kaikki tarpeellinen ja vieläpä siten, että tavarat kulkivat koko ajan mukana.

Ensimmäinen haaste oli löytää sopiva, helposti mukana kulkeva reppu. Kuin tilauksesta sain testikäyttöön Haglöfsin uutuusmallin, 20-litran vetoisen Vide Medium -repun.

Vaikka Haglöfs Vide Medium on kooltaan kompakti, se sopii hyvin esimerkiksi pyörälenkeille tai lyhyille kaupunkilomille.
Vaikka Haglöfs Vide Medium on kooltaan kompakti, se sopii hyvin esimerkiksi pyörälenkeille tai lyhyille kaupunkilomille.

Ruotsin Torsångista kotoisin olevan Haglöfsin tarina alkoi jo vuonna 1914 nimenomaan innovatiivisesta reppujen suunnittelusta. Sen jälkeen Haglöfsistä on kasvanut Skandinavian suurin outdoor-varusteiden tuottaja. Yhtiön repertoaariin kuuluu nykyään yli 500 tuotetta; retkeilyvarusteita, vaatteita ja jalkineita.

MITÄ SITTEN PITÄÄ PAKATA? Sukkia, alushousuja ja t-paitoja kolme vaatekertaa, sisäkengät, pari kauluspaitaa ja kosmetiikkalaukku. Koska kyseessä oli samalla työmatka, tarvitsin vielä tietokoneen, sanelimen ja kameran sekä näille laturit. Tuliaisia varten pakkasin mukaan myös kokoontaitettavan kantokassin.

Nämä kaikki mahtuivat sopivasti Haglöfs-reppuun, ja olisi mahtunut hieman enemmänkin.

Kaikki tarpeellinen kahden yön yli kestävälle matkalle. Kuvasta puuttuu ainoastaan kamera.
Kaikki tarpeellinen kahden yön yli kestävälle matkalle. Kuvasta puuttuu ainoastaan kamera.

Kokemukset Vide Medium -repun käyttömukavuudesta olivat yksinomaan positiivisia. jäykistetyn ja ergonomisesti taivutetun selkäosan ilmanvaihtokanavien hyöty tosin jäi tammikuun pikkupakkasilla vähäiseksi, mutta se lienee suunniteltukin kesäkelejä silmällä pitäen.

Käytössä reppu oli miltei huomaamaton, kiitos rinta- ja vyötäröhihnojen. Tilaratkaisuiltaan Vide Medium osoittautui huolitelluksi ja loppuun asti mietityksi. Ison, yksiosaisen tavaratilan lisäksi repussa on läpiviennillä varustettu vetoketjullinen lokero tietokoneelle tai juomapussille, kaksi joustavaa sivutaskua, vetoketjullinen lokero avaimille ja muulle pikkutavaralle sekä kannen suuntainen tasku, josta esimerkiksi kartat tai matkaliput ovat helposti saatavilla.

Kiristyvä koukkukiinnityksellä varustettu naruverkko repun selkämyksessä on omiaan vaikkapa pyöräilykypärän kuljetukseen.

KAIKEN KAIKKIAAN laadukas kaupunkireppu toimii lyhyillä matkoilla paljon paremmin kuin esimerkiksi trolley, varsinkin jos sitä pitää kuljettaa paljon mukana.

Haglöfs Vide Medium

Saatavilla hyvin varustelluista ulkoilu- ja urheiluliikkeistä kevään 2017 aikana.

Useita eri värivaihtoehtoja mm. punainen, sininen, oranssi, musta, lila vihreä ja harmaa. Suositushinta 79,90 €.

Share This:

VIKING LINE JUHLII SUOMEA ITÄMERELLÄ

Viking Line antaa panoksensa Suomen itsenäisyyden satavuotisjuhlaan keräämällä rahaa Itämeren suojeluun ja tutkimukseen. Juhlavuosi huipentuu ympäristögaalaristeilyyn Viking Gracella 26.8.

ITÄMERITEEMA NÄKYY laivayhtiön vuodessa monin tavoin. Esimerkillään Viking Line pyrkii kannustamaan myös muita Itämerellä ja sen lähiympäristössä operoivia tahoja ottamaan ottamaan toiminnassaan huomioon Itämeren ja sen suojelun.

– Meri ja saaristoluonto ovat tärkeitä niin meille itsellemme kuin asiakkaillemmekin, ja yhdessä voimme saada enemmän aikaan, summaa Viking Linen toimitusjohtaja Jan Hanses.

Meri ja saaristoluonto ovat heti Lapin jälkeen Suomen merkittävin matkailuvaltti. Siksi on hyvin luonnollista, että ahvenanmaalainen varustamo tekee aktiivista ja pitkäjänteistä ympäristötyötä.
Meri ja saaristoluonto ovat heti Lapin jälkeen Suomen merkittävin matkailuvaltti. Siksi on hyvin luonnollista, että ahvenanmaalainen varustamo tekee aktiivista ja pitkäjänteistä ympäristötyötä.

Vaikka suurin osa ympäristötyöstä on hiljaisia operaatoita kuten polttoainesäästöohjelmia, tehokasta jätteenkäsittelyä, siivousrutiinien optimointia ja uusia ympäristöön sopeutettuja konsepteja laivoilla, tuodaan ympäristöteema myös osaksi markkinointia ja risteilyelämyksiä tunnuslauseella vihreä on uusi punainen.

 

Keväällä Viking Line avaa yhteistyössä Allas Sea Poolin kanssa Itämerikeskuksen Helsingin katajanokalle. Keskukseen suunnitellaan erilaisia tapahtumia, joiden myötä kaikilla on mahdollisuus tutustua Itämeren ainutlaatuisuuteen ja suojeluun.

Turussa puolestaan ympäristö tuodaan osaksi The Tall Ships Race -tapahtumaa 20.–23. heinäkuuta.

Tänä vuonna The Tall Ships Race rantautuu Turkuun 20. heinäkuuta. Kuva on vuodelta 2013, jolloin kilpailu pysähtyi Helsingissä.
Tänä vuonna The Tall Ships Race rantautuu Turkuun 20. heinäkuuta. Kuva on vuodelta 2013, jolloin kilpailu pysähtyi Helsingissä.

Konkreettisia tekoja, joilla yhtiö pyrkii sitouttamaan sekä asiakkaansa että henkilökunnan juhlavuoden henkeen, on useita. Esimerkiksi muovikassien (joista kaikki valmistetaan kierrätysmateriaalista) myyntituotto lahjoitetaan Pidä Saaristo Siistinä r.y.:lle.

Henkilöstöään yhtiö palkitsee muun muassa työmatkapyöräilystä. Jokainen pyöräilty kilometri kartuttaa Marraskuussa Helsingin yliopiston Tvärminnen eläintieteellisen aseman merentutkimukselle lahjoitettavaa pottia. Itsenäisyyden 100-vuotisjuhlavuonna Viking Line on varustamona sitoutunut vähintään 50 000 euron lahjoitukseen.

Merellisyys ja puhdas luonto näkyvät myös lautasella. Tässä Viking Gracen Oscar à la Carte -ravintolasta annos, jossa kevyesti savustettua nieriää, katkaraputartar, hiillostettua kurkkua, pikkelöityä keltajuurta sekä äyriäiskastiketta.
Merellisyys ja puhdas luonto näkyvät myös lautasella. Tässä Viking Gracen Oscar à la Carte -ravintolasta annos, jossa kevyesti savustettua nieriää, katkaraputartar, hiillostettua kurkkua,
pikkelöityä keltajuurta sekä äyriäiskastiketta.

YMPÄRISTÖGAALARISTEILY elokuussa, tasan sata päivää ennen itsenäisyyspäivää, tuo yhteen varustamon, merentutkimuksen, Itämerikampanjan yhteistyökumppanit ja asiakkaat.

Gaalaristeilylle luvataan runsaasti asiapitoista ohjelmaa sekä suomalaisuuden juhlaa. Risteilyä tähdittää sinivalkoinen ääni, suomalaisen viihteen ikoni Katri Helena.

Katri Helena tunnetaan laulajana, jolle luonto, erämaat, perhokalastus ja tähtitaivas ovat lähellä sydäntä.

Katri Helena on henkeen ja vereen luontoihminen. Metsäinen järvimaisema, saaristoluonto, lapin erämaat ja yönsininen tähtitaivas ovat laulajalle ehtymätön voimavara.
Katri Helena on henkeen ja vereen luontoihminen. Metsäinen järvimaisema, saaristoluonto, lapin erämaat ja yönsininen tähtitaivas ovat laulajalle ehtymätön voimavara.

Suomalaisesta luonnosta ja sielunmaisemasta kumpuaa myös laulajan uusin aluevaltaus, 32 sisustus- ja lifestyle-tuotetta sisältävä Katri Helena Suomi Finland Collection -mallisto, joka pitää sisällään tuotteita ulkoiluun, piensisustukseen, keittiöön ja saunahetkiin.

Mallistonsa lanseeraustilaisuudessa Katri Helena otti kantaa myös Itämeren tilaan.

– Itämeri on minulle kuten kaikille suomalaisille sydämen asia. Minulla on ollut ilo olla mukana tekemässä työtä sen hyväksi jo usen vuoden ajan.

 

Share This:

ROMANTTINEN LYHYTLOMA TALLINNASSA

Tallinnan vanhassakaupungissa ja keskusta-alueella tapahtuu paljon ympäri vuoden, mutta jos haluat tutustua Viron pääkaupunkiin myös keskustan ulkopuolella, auton ottaminen mukaan on hyvä ajatus. Tallinnassa kannattaa panostaa myös majoittumiseen, sillä hyvä hotelli on jo matkakohde itsessään. Nämä ajatukset mielessä kävimme puolisoni kanssa kolmen päivän lomalla laivamatkan päässä etelässä.

MATKUSTIMME ECKERÖ LINEN M/s Finlandialla kolmesta syystä. Ensinnäkin laivan lähtöaika aamulla puoli yhdeksältä oli meille kaikkein sopivin. Toisekseen henkilöauton kuljettaminen oli Eckerö Linella muita yhtiöitä edullisempaa, vain 43 euroa menen tullen.

Mutta kolmas syy oli se tärkein. M/s Finlandian palvelukulttuuri ja buffet-ruokailut ovat kuin toiselta planeetalta vertailtaessa Helsinki–Tallinna-reitillä liikennöiviä Tallinkin tai Viking Linen aluksia. Tämä on tullut todettua kerta toisensa jälkeen. Meriaamiainen (15 €), lounas (24 €) tai päivällinen (28 €) ovat enemmän kuin hintansa arvoisia.

M/s Finlandian noutopöytä on Helsinki-Tallinna-reitin monipuolisin ja laadukkain.
M/s Finlandian noutopöytä on Helsinki-Tallinna-reitin monipuolisin ja laadukkain.

Aamulähdöllä matkustettaessa kannattaa harkita myös hytin (25 €) varaamista etenkin, jos edellisenä yönä unet ovat jääneet vähiin.

ROMANTTISELLA MINILOMALLA hotellihuoneen merkitys korostuu. Tällä matkalla testasimme kaksi hyvin erilaista huonetta, joissa molemmissa oli oma viehätyksensä. Hotelleiksi valikoituivat suomalaisille tutut Original Sokos Hotel Viru sekä Solo Sokos Hotel Estoria.

Sokos Hotels on Suomen tunnetuin hotelliketju. Siihen kuuluu yli 50 hotellia Suomessa, Tallinnassa ja Pietarissa. Kaikki hotellit sijaitsevat kaupunkien keskustoissa tai lähellä vapaa-ajan kohteita hyvien liikenneyhteyksien varrella.

Sokos Hotellit jakautuvat kolmeen eri alabrändiin. Original by Sokos luottaa perinteisiin kilpailutekijöihin kuten sijaintiin, ravintolapalveluihin ja viihtyisään ympäristöön. Hotellityypin voisi tiivistää sanomalla, että hyväksi havaittua ei kannata muuttaa, pyörää on turha keksiä uudestaan.

Break by Sokos puolestaan tarjoaa virikkeitä ja energiaa sekä vapaa-aikaan että liikematkoille, inspiroitumista ja aktiivisia elämyksiä.

Solo by Sokos sen sijaan pyrkii erottumaan yksilöllisyydellä, joka kattaa koko palveluketjun sisustuksesta ja designista huonepalveluun ja aamiaiseen. Esimerkiksi Solo Sokos Hotel Estorian aamiainen on valittu kahdesti peräkkäin Tallinnan parhaaksi hotelliaamiaiseksi.

Estoria-hotellin selfie-ikkuna on kuin postikortti.
Estoria-hotellin selfie-ikkuna on kuin postikortti.

VIRU-HOTELLISSA meillä oli saunallinen juniorsviitti kolossaalisen rakennuksen 19. kerroksessa. Skandinaaviseen tyyliin sisustettu linjakas oleskelutila, johon kuului sohvaryhmä, baarikaappi ja suurikokoinen taulutelevisio tekivät huoneesta viihtyisän illanviettopaikan. Aamulla koko huoneen levyisistä ikkunoista aukeava merinäköala teki heräämisestä kirjaimellisesti ylhäisen kokemuksen.

Virun juniorsviitin sisustus on tyyliltään hyvin skandinaavinen. Oma sauna ja oleskelutila tekevät huoneesta rennon ja viihtyisän.
Virun juniorsviitin sisustus on tyyliltään hyvin skandinaavinen. Oma sauna ja oleskelutila tekevät huoneesta rennon ja viihtyisän.

Tungokseen asti täynnä oleva aamiaishuone ei sen sijaan vakuuttanut. Vaikka aamiaistarjonta oli hyvää keskitasoa, niin kaoottinen tunnelma muistutti keravalaista yökerhoa juuri ennen valomerkkiä. Ihmisiä tuli ja meni solkenaan, eikä henkilökunta ehtinyt siivota pöytiä tarpeeksi ripeästi.

Virun valttikortteja on kuitenkin rakennuksen 45-vuotinen historia, josta pääsee jyvälle vaikkapa lukemalla Sakari Nupposen kirjan Aikamatka hotelli Viruun (Ajatus kirjat, 2007). Ehdottomasti vierailun arvoinen kohde on myös hotellin 23. kerroksessa sijaitseva KGP-museo, jonne ovet aukeavat ennakkovarauksella.

Kuuma linja suoraan Kremliin. Punainen puhelin tuo mieleen vuosien 1970-80 James Bond -elokuvat.
Kuuma linja suoraan Kremliin. Punainen puhelin tuo mieleen vuosien 1970-80 James Bond -elokuvat.

ESTORIA-HOTELLIN kaikki 93 huonetta ovat Superior-luokkaa. Hotelli jakaa sisääntuloaulan ja hissit Virun kanssa, mutta siihen yhtäläisyydet loppuvatkin. Siinä missä Viru kertoo historiaa ja panostaa perinteisiin Estoria tarjoaa tyylikästä ja rauhaisaa keidasmiljöötä kaupungin sydämessä.

Estorian huoneissa ei ole värejä säästelty. Mukavuuteen on panostettu paljon, esimerkiksi kaikissa vuoteissa on ihon pintaverenkiertoa parantavat muhkeat patjat.
Estorian huoneissa ei ole värejä säästelty. Mukavuuteen on panostettu paljon, esimerkiksi kaikissa vuoteissa on ihon pintaverenkiertoa parantavat muhkeat patjat.

Hotellin jokaisessa kerroksessa on oma lounge, jossa asiakkaat saavat nauttia huonehintaan sisältyviä erikoiskahveja ja virvokkeita. Huonekäytävien pohjoispäissä sijaitsevista selfie-ikkunoista avautuu postikorttinäkymä vanhaankaupunkiin.

Estoria on rakennettu virolaisten tarinoiden ja designin ympärille. Sisustuksen suunnitellut arkkitehti Sigrid Valgma on onnistunut tuomaan eri tiloihin viehättäviä yksityiskohtia ja tietoiskuja, joiden kautta asukkaat pääsevät mukaan tarinoiden virtaan. Tiesitkö esimerkiksi, että maailman ensimmäinen julkinen joulukuusi pystytettiin Tallinnassa jo vuonna 1441?

Huoneiden korkealaatuiset tekstiilit sekä leveät, ylelliset vuoteet ansaitsevat erityiskiitoksen. Sisustuksen pirteä värimaailma jatkuu saumattomasti laajoista tekstiilipinnoista pienimpiin yksityiskohtiin kuten aamutossuihin ja jopa leikkisästi muotoiltuun kenkälusikkaan.

Huoneen värimaailma jatkuu useitta yksityiskohdissa kuten kylpytakkien ja aamutossujen väreissä.
Huoneen värimaailma jatkuu useitta yksityiskohdissa kuten kylpytakkien ja aamutossujen väreissä.

Näissä puitteissa pelkkä hotellihuoneessa vietetty aika puolison kanssa tuntuu jo hemmottelulta, eikä unohtaa sovi sitä kaupungin parhaaksi valittua aamiaistarjoilua.

Aamiaishuone on retrohenkinen ja kiireetön. Päivän tärkein ateria on suunniteltu yhdessä virolaisten ravitsemusterapeuttien kanssa. Kuumat juomat tarjoillaan pöytiin.
Aamiaishuone on retrohenkinen ja kiireetön. Päivän tärkein ateria on suunniteltu yhdessä virolaisten ravitsemusterapeuttien kanssa. Kuumat juomat tarjoillaan pöytiin.

Vaikka yksilöllisen palvelun designhotelli antaakin lomalle hintaansa nähden runsaasti lisäarvoa, pienellä hienosäädöllä kokemuksesta saisi vieläkin loistokkaamman. Etenkin kylpyhuoneen suurpiirteinen siivous ja minibaarin kunto jättivät toivomisen varaa. Edellisten asukkaiden hiukset seinäkaakeleissa, kuivankarhea wc-paperi ja minibaarin kauttaaltaan jäätynyt takaseinä jossain määrin himmensivät muuten hyvin harmonista kokonaisuutta.

Share This:

VIKING LINE AIKOO TILATA UUDEN LAIVAN KIINASTA

VIKING LINE on allekirjoittanut kiinalaisen Xiamen Shipbuilding Co. Ltd -telakan kanssa aiesopimuksen koskien keväällä 2020 toimitettavan matkustaja-aluksen tilaamisesta. Uusi autolautta korvaa Viking Amorellan Turku–Tukholma-reitillä.

Xiamenin telakka työllistää yli 2 000 työntekijää ja 3 500 alihankkijaa. Toimitettavan aluksen on tarkoitus olla yhteistyöprojekti, jonka rakentamiseen osallistuu useita suomalaisia ja eurooppalaisia alihankkijoita. Viking Line olettaa eurooppalaisen työn osuuden laivan rakentamisesta nousevan lähelle 50 prosenttia.

Esimerkiksi hytit tulevat useilta eri toimittajilta, joissa on mukana myös Piikkiön hyttitehdas.

RAHA RATKAISI. Investoinnin arvo on 192 miljoonaa euroa. Viking Line ei paljasta kansainvälisen tarjouskilpailun yksityiskohtia, mutta toteaa, että suomalaiset tai eurooppalaiset laivanrakentajat jäivät sekä hinta- että rahoitustarjousten osalta kauaksi kiinalaistelakan taakse.

Tarjousten erotus on tiettävästi ollut useita kymmeniä miljoonia euroja. Viitteenä voidaan mainita, että Turussa 2012 rakennettu Viking Grace tuli maksamaan 240 milj. euroa ennen valtion investointitukea.

Rahoitussuunnitelman mukaan varustamo maksaa aluksesta viidenneksen rakentamisen aikana ja loput luovutuksen yhteydessä keväällä 2020.

Kiinalaistelakalla ei ole aiempaa kokemusta matkustajalaivojen rakentamisesta, vaan sen tilauskirjoissa on lähinnä autonkuljetuslaivoja, jotka muistuttavat enemmän kelluvia putkiloita.

Viking Linella on historiansa aikana ollut aikataulu- ja rahoitusongelmia muun muassa kroatilaisen ja espanjalaisen telakan kanssa, joten laivan tilaaminen Kiinasta herätti ymmärrettävästi huolta lehdistötilaisuudessa, eikä toimitusjohtaja Jan Hanses onnistunut vakuuttamaan lehdistöä tilauksen riskittömyydestä.

Suurimpana huolen aiheena tuntui olevan suomalaisen laivanrakennusosaamisen ja tietotaidon valuminen kiinalaisten käsiin, jolloin tilauksella voi olla pitkällä aikavälillä negatiivisia vaikutuksia koko suomalaisen telakkateollisuuden tulevaisuuteen.

VIELÄ NIMEÄMÄTÖN alus pituudeltaan 218 metriä ja bruttovetoisuudeltaan 63 000 tonnia. Se kuljettaa 2 800 matkustajaa ja 200 miehistön jäsentä, ja rahtitilan pituus on 1 500 kaistametriä. Viking Graceen verrattuna rahtitilaa on 400 metriä enemmän.

Laivan suunnittelussa pyritään entistä ympäristöystävällisempiin ratkaisuihin. Uusi alus tulee kuluttamaan 15 prosenttia vähemmän energiaa kuin Viking Grace, mutta lastikapasiteettiin suhteutettuna energian säästö on peräti 26 prosenttia.

Viking Gracesta poiketen uuden laivan LNG-tankit sijoitetaan rungon sisäpuolelle. Silmiinpistävin muutos ulkoasussa on kuitenkin savupiipun tasolta kohti taivasta kohoavat kaksi 24 metriä korkeaa pyörivää tornia, jotka ovat meriteknologiayritys Norsepowerin rakentamia niin sanottuja roottoripurjeita.

Share This:

JOULURUOKAILUN JUHLAA

Punaisten laivojen ruokavuosi huipentuu, kun tarjolle tulee kahdesti Vuoden kokki -tittelillä palkitun Michael Björklundin suunnittelema joulupöytä. Perinteisten jouluherkkujen lisäksi Björklund on kattanut pöytään moderneja pohjoismaisia makuja.

AHVENANMAALAINEN HUIPPUKOKKI Michael Björklund on ehtinyt tehdä yhteistyötä Viking Linen kanssa useampaankin eri otteeseen. Nyt hänen vastuulleen annettiin suunnitella juhlava ja monipuolinen joulupöytä – eikä työn jäljessä ole moitteen sijaa.

Ahvenanmaalla Kastelholman linnan naapurissa Smakbyn-ravintolaa isännöivä Björklund kertoo, että ensiluokkaiset raaka-aineet ovat hyvän ruoan lähtökohta. Skandinaaviseen tapaan mies arvostaa puhtaita, selkeitä makuja sekä sesonkiruokaa.

Joulupöytä on tarjolla punaisilla laivoilla 18.11.–26.12.2016. Hinta vaihtelee jonkin verran reitistä riippuen, mutta esimerkiksi Helsingin ja Tukholman väliä liikennöivillä aluksilla noutopöytä maksaa 38 euroa sisältäen hanajuomat. Ennakkoon ostettuna hinnasta lähtee pari euroa pois.

Kattaus on sanalla sanoen huikea, monipuolista kokonaisuutta voisi kehua miltei loputtomiin. Mutta lyhyestä virsi kaunis. Tässä se on!

Kinkku on joulupöydän kunkku. Panaisilla laivoilla kinkun huntu on tehty Micken sinapista.
Kinkku on joulupöydän kunkku. Panaisilla laivoilla kinkun huntu on tehty Micken sinapista.

SILLIT, SILAKAT JA KALAT. Sinappisilliä, sipulisilliä, sitruunasilliä, akvaviittisilliä, matjessilliä, kermaviiliä ja hienonnettua sipulia, marinoituja anjoviksia, yrttisilakkaa, sinappisilakkaa, siianmätisilakkaa, paistettua maustesilakkaa, rapusilakkaa, anjovis- ja kaviaarisilakkaa.

Sillisalaatti, siianmätiä, muikunmätiä, keltaista ja mustaa merileväkaviaaria, smetanaa ja pikkelöityä punasipulia, kananmunanpuolikkaita, ruohosipulia ja kaviaarikreemiä, silliperunoita.

Haudutettua siikaa ja tillimajoneesia, graavisiikaa, graavilohta ja graavilohikastiketta, kylmäsavustettua ja lämminsavustettua lohta, savustettua simppua, kokonaisia katkarapuja, rapusalaatti, tomaattiaiolia.

LEIKKELEET. Tanskalaista maksapasteijaa, paahdettua sipulia ja pekonia, Gustafskorv-makkaraa, painosylttyä, vatisylttyä ja kylkirullaa, savustettua ja graavattua karitsanfileetä, savustettua kalkkunanrintaa, joulukinkkua.

Appelsiiniporkkanat Istuvat lisukkeina upeasti sekä liharuokien että laatikoiden seuraan.
Appelsiiniporkkanat Istuvat lisukkeina upeasti sekä liharuokien että laatikoiden seuraan.

LÄMPIMÄT JA LISUKKEET. Sinappikuorrutettua lohta, lihapullia, kanelimaustettua possunkylkeä, glögimaustettua porsaankylkipaistia, appelsiinilla, inkiväärillä ja neilikalla maustettua tuoremakkaraa, prinssinakkeja, ruskeita papuja, keitettyjä ryynejä (slaktgryn), punakaalia ja ruskistettua kaalia.

Imellettyä perunalaatikkoa, lanttulaatikkoa, porkkanalaatikkoa, janssoninkiusausta, lipeäkalaa lisukkeineen, herneitä, luumuja, kuorrutettua joulukinkkua.

Laivan sinappia ja Micken sinappia, etikkakurkkuja, hillottuja sieniä, omenakompottia, appelsiiniporkkanoita, appelsiini-porkkanasalaattia, punaista kvinoaa ja tomaattikastiketta, yrteillä ja valkosipulilla marinoitua kukkakaalia, papusalaattia ja sinappikastiketta, caesarsalaattia lisukkeineen, punajuurilohkoja, puolukkasurvosta, suolakurkkuja, kalastajan joululimppua, ohutta näkkileipää.

Juustopöydästä löytyy muun muassa ruukkujuustoa, Kvibille Ädel Special 45 % -juustoa, Kastellholm-juustoa ja cheddarjuustoa.
Juustopöydästä löytyy muun muassa ruukkujuustoa, Kvibille Ädel Special 45 % -juustoa, Kastellholm-juustoa ja cheddarjuustoa.

JUUSTOT JA JÄLKIRUOAT. Ruukkujuustoa, Kvibille Ädel Special 45 % -juustoa, Kastellholm-juustoa, cheddarjuustoa, raparperimarmeladia, hunajalla maustettua omenaviinietikkaa Micken tapaan, suolattua voita.

Appelsiiniriisiä, joulun sitrussalaattia, puolukassa keitettyä päärynää, suklaamoussea, valkosuklaamoussea, appelsiinisorbettia, vaniljajäätelöä, suklaakastiketta ja kinuskikastiketta, Crème Caramel, karamelleja, marmeladeja, suklaatryffeleitä, Fazerin sinistä paloina, sokeroituja manteleita, saksanpähkinöitä, pekaanipähkinöitä, hedelmiä sekä kuivattuja luumuja ja taateleita.

Share This:

SUOMELLE TUNNUSTUS LONELY PLANETILTA

MAAILMAN ARVOSTETUIMPIA matkailuoppaita julkaiseva Lonely Planet on valinnut Suomen kolmanneksi parhaaksi matkakohteeksi vuodelle 2017. Suomi on 10 maan listalla ainut eurooppalainen maa.

Perusteluina Suomen valinnalle kärkikohteiden joukkoon Lonely Planet nostaa esimerkiksi Hossan uuden kansallispuiston sekä useat tapahtumat, joita on suunniteltu Suomen itsenäisyyden 100-vuotisjuhlavuotta varten.

Luonto on edelleen keskeinen valttikortti Suomen matkailustrategiassa. Matkailijoiden odotukset Suomessa liittyvät luontoon ja kokemuksiin luonnossa.

Suomen kansallispuistot tarjoavat erinomaiset mahdollisuudet luonnossa liikkumiseen sekä kesällä että talvella. Luonto on Suomessa aina lähellä – sinne voi piipahtaa helposti jopa Helsingissä pysähtymisen yhteydessä.

Luontokokemuksia on mahdollisuus löytää myös Helsingin keskustasta. Kuvassa yksityiskohta Töölönlahdelta.
Luontokokemuksia on mahdollisuus löytää myös Helsingin keskustasta. Kuvassa yksityiskohta Töölönlahdelta.

VISIT FINLAND, entinen Matkailun edistämiskeskus, vastaa valtakunnallisena matkailualan asiantuntijana ulkomailta Suomeen suuntautuvan matkailun edistämisestä.

Visit Finlandin johtaja Paavo Virkkunen Finprosta odottaa tulevalle talvikaudelle merkittävää kasvua ulkomaalaisten matkailijoiden määrässä.

Lukuisten uusien lentovuorojen ja -reittien ansiosta Lappiin lennetään Euroopasta enemmän kuin koskaan aikaisemmin, ja Aasiasta yhteydet Helsingin kautta Lappiin paranevat myös kasvaneen kotimaisen paikkatarjonnan myötä.

− Pystymme tarjoamaan yhä useammille ja erilaisille matkailijatyypeille vaikuttavia elämyksiä ympäri vuoden, Virkkunen sanoo.

Uusia painopistealueita Suomen-matkailussa on luonnon parantava voima sekä hyvinvointimatkailu, joka rakentuu luontokokemusten ja -palvelujen ympärille.

KAUPUNGEISTA VETOVOIMAA. Luontokokemusten lisäksi Suomesta puhutaan kiinnostavana kohteena kokea ainutlaatuista kaupunkikulttuuria. Erityisen kiinnostavana pidetään muun muassa Suomen uutta ruokakulttuuria sekä Helsingin design-keskittymää.

Niin ikään Helsingin uutta elämyskulttuuria edustavat Löyly ja Allas herättävät kiinnostusta myös maailmalla.

Helsingistä on tullut lyhyessä ajassa suosittu kaupunkikohde. Kulttuuri, design ja jugend-arkkitehtuuri ovat pääkaupungin valttikortteja.
Helsingistä on tullut lyhyessä ajassa suosittu kaupunkikohde. Kulttuuri, design ja jugend-arkkitehtuuri ovat kaupungin valttikortteja.

− Suomen vetovoima matkakohteena on kouriin tuntuvaa ja pitkään tekemämme työ Suomen matkailun kasvattamiseksi näkyy muun muassa tässä Lonely Planetin tunnustuksessa. Tunnustus lisää Suomen vetovoimaa yksilöllisiä ja ainutlaatuisia elämyksiä hakevassa globaalissa matkailijaryhmässä, Paavo Virkkunen sanoo.

 

Lonely Planet Best in Travel 2017 top 10 maat:

1. Kanada
2. Kolumbia
3. Suomi
4. Dominica
5. Nepali
6. Bermuda
7. Mongolia
8. Oman
9. Myanmar
10. Etiopia

Share This:

LONDON TUBE STATIONS 2, C-E

”Hi, my name is Francis. I am your travel guide to the roots of the London Underground and to the origins of the names of all stations currently in use. This is the second stake of our journey. Relax and welcome! Here are the stations from Caledonian Road to Euston Square.”

CALEDONIAN ROAD

Caledonian-RoadCaledonian Road was constructed c. 1826 and is named from the Caledonian Asylym for Scottish children established on a site nearby in 1815. The road was referred to as ’New Road from Battle Bridge to Holloway’ in 1841.

Prior the station’s opening, the name of Barnsbury was considered, but it opened as Caledonian Road on 15 December 1906.

CAMDEN TOWN

Camden-Town

This area of north west London was built c. 1791, and was once a manor belonging to St Paul’s Cathedral. The manor was obtained, by marriage, in 1795 by Charles Pratt, Earl of Camden, of Camden Place in Kent, and is so named. The Earl allowed his land to be leased for building houses, so in the course of time Camden Town came into use.

Prior the station’s opening, the name Camden Road was considered, but it opened as Camden Town on 22 June 1907.

CANADA WATER

Canada-Water

Canada Water is a new development in this area and it takes its name from the original Canada Docks which were built in 1876.

The station opened as Canada Water on 17 September 1999.

CANARY WHARF

Canary-Wharf

Canary Wharf was built in 1936 and then owners of the wharf, Fruit Lines Ltd, built a warehouse for their imports of fruits from the Canary Islands and the Mediterranean in 1937, hence the name.

The station opened as Canary Wharf on 17 September 1999.

CANNING TOWN

Canning-Town

Canning Town is the industrial and residential district built up during the 1850s to house the labourers working in the nearby Victoria Docks. It has been suggested that the town was named in honour of Lord Canning (a former Governor General of India) but this can be discounted. In fact the town takes it name from an industrial firm which was once centred in this area.

The original Great Eastern Railway station was opened on the south side of the Barking Road as Canning Town in 1847, being moved to its present site in 1888. The adjacent Jubilee Line station was opened as Canning Town on 14 May 1999.

CANNON STREET

Cannon-Street

Cannon Street has no connection with guns or even billiards as the name might suggest, for the candle-makers and wick-chandlers who made their wares for the Church lived here in the late Middle Ages. It was first mentioned in the records of c. 1180 as Candelwichstrete (from Candle and the Old English wic, ’a dwelling’). Through a series of name-shortenings and the Cockney dialect the name was contracted to Cannon Street by the mid-17th century and this modern form was noted by Pepys in his famous diary in 1667. On the site of the present mainline station was once the Steelyard, a store to which members of the German Hanseatic League once brought their goods for sale.

The main line station was opened by the South Eastern Railway on 1 September 1866. The Underground station was opened also as Cannon Street on 6 October 1884.

CANONS PARK

Canons-Park

Six acres of this area were granted to the Prior of the St Augustinian canons of St Bartholomew’s, Smithfield, in 1331 and were recorded as Canons during the 16th century. Canons Park later became the property of the Duke of Chandos and on the estate was built the Duke’s magnificent mansion (also named ’Canons’) which was demolished after its sale by the Duke’s heir in 1747, being broken up and sold by lots at auction.

The station was opened on 10 December 1932 as Canons Park (Edgware), becoming just Canons Park during 1933.

CHALFONT & LATIMER

Chalfont-and-Latimer

Chalfont was recorded as Ceadeles funta in 949 from the personal name of Saxon, Ceadel, and the Old Welch funta, ’a spring or stream’ – ’Ceadel’s home near spring’. Latimer is also derived from a personal name, recorded as Yselhamstede in 1220 and Isenhampstede Latyer in 1389, from William Latymer, who obtained the manor on this site in 1330; the name was over time shortened to Latimer.

The station was opened as Chalfont Road on 8 July 1889 and re-named Chalfont & Latimer in November 1915.

CHALK FARM

Chalk-Farm

It has been suggested this is a corruption of the wording Chalcot Farm but there is no evidence that a farm ever existed in this area. Recorded as Chaldecot(e) in 1253, it is stated that this name is derived from cold cottages, referring to the slopes of nearby Haverstock Hill which were bleak and exposed in the early days of settlement in this area. It seems that there was also a place of shelter here for travellers to London.

Prior to the opening of the station the name Adelaide Road was suggested, but it opened as Chalk Farm on 22 June 1907.

CHANCERY LANE

Chancery-Lane

Chancery Lane was constructed by the Knights Templars c. 1160 and has a long history with many changes of name. It was recorded as Newstrate (New Street) in the early part of the 13th century. During the reign of Henry III (1216 – 72) a house was erected on the eastern side of the lane for the conversion of Jews to the Christian faith. The house became famous and Newstrate became Convers Lane. Towards the end of 13th century, Edward I banished the Jews from the country and the house was used by ’the Keeper of the Rolls’, where the official records of the Inns of Chancery were kept and once again the name of the street was changed to Chancellor’s Lane and was recorded as this in 1320. Eventually this name was superseded (once again) by Chancery Lane, c. 1454 and it seems to imply that the Chancellor (of the Rolls) had a personal office or residence in the Lane.

The station was opened as Chancery Lane on 30 July 1900. After extensive re-construction, a new station was opened as Chancery Lane (Grays Inn) on 25 June 1934, gradually reverting to just Chancery Lane.

CHARING CROSS

Charing-Cross

By tradition, it is said that Edward I in 1291 set up a stone cross near what is now a courtyard of the main-line station to mark the last resting place of the funeral cortege of his Queen Eleanor as it passed from Harby to Westminster – hence the Cross part of the name which was recorded as the stone cross of Cherryngge during the 14th century. There was a little village named Cyrringe c. 1000 and the name is derived from the Old English cierring, ’turning’ or ’to turn’, probably referring to the bend in the river Thames nearby. Charing Cross Road was built in the 1880s.

The Bakerloo Line station was opened as Trafalgar Square on 10 March 1906. The Northern Line station was opened as Charing Cross on 22 June 1907, being re-named Charing Cross (Strand) on 6 Aprill 1914 and further re-named Strand on 9 May 1915 until being closed for re-building on 4 June 1973. The combined station serving the Bakerloo, Northern and Jubilee lines was named Charing Cross from 1 May 1979.

CHESHAM

Chesham

Chesman had an early association with the Old English ceaster – signifying ’a Roman town and fortification’. Recorded during the 10th century as Caesteshamm from the Old English caestel, literally ’a heap of stones’, and hamm, ’a water meadow’ – meaning ’a boundary mark by a spring’. In the course of time the name has changed to Chesham, and nearby is the river Chess.

The station was opened as Chesham on 8 July 1889.

CHIGWELL

Chigwell

Chigwell was recorded as Cingheuuella in the Domesday Book and may be associated with a Saxon named Cicea. But the name is probably derived from the Old English ceaege, ’gorse’ and weg, ’well’ – ’the well within the shingle’. The name has changed in the course of time to Chigwell.

The station was opened as Chigwell by the Great Eastern Railway on 1 May 1903 and first used by Underground trains on 21 November 1948.

CHISWICK PARK

Chiswick-Park

Recorded as Ceswican c. 1000, Chiswick has had various spellings throughout time, and is thought to derive from the Old English cese, ’cheese’ and wic, ’farm’. Although there are parks nearby the station, they are not connected with the original park.

The station was opened as Acton Green on 1 July 1879; re-named Chiswick Park & Acton Green in March 1887; and Chiswick Park on 1 March 1910.

CHORLEYWOOD

Chorleyvoor

The Old English word for a free peasant lower than the rank of nobleman was ceorl and these people once had an encampment on a site near here. Recorded as Charlewoode in 1524 although the name is of an earlier origin and is derived from the Old English ceorl (the group name of the people) and leah, ’a wood’ – ’the wood or clearing of the free peasants’ and known as Chorley Wood by 1730.

The station opened as Chorley Wood on 8 July 1889, and was re-named Chorley Wood & Chenies in November 1915. It reverted to Chorley Wood during 1934 until about 1964 when the single word Chorleywood appeared on maps and later on platform signs.

CLAPHAM COMMON

Clapham-Common

There was an ancient village on the site of the present Clapham, recorded as Cloppaham c. 880 and as Clopeham in the Domesday Book. The name is derived from the Old English clap, ’a hill’ and ham, ’home’ – this wording for hill usually refers to one on stubby ground. The Common was called Clapham Common in 1718 and the meaning of the word is track of open land used in common by the inhabitants of the town.

The station was opened as Clapham Common on 3 June 1900.

CLAPHAM NORTH

Clapham-North

See Clapham Common.

The station was opened as Clapham Road on 3 June 1900 and re-named Clapham North on 13 September 1926.

 CLAPHAM SOUTH

Clapham-South

See Clapham Common.

The name of Nightingale Lane was chosen first, but the station opened as Clapham South on 13 September 1926.

COCKFOSTERS

Cockfosters

This district of north London was recorded as Cockfosters in 1524 and although the origin of the name is uncertain, it is possible that it is derived from either the personal name of a family that once lived here, or a house recorded in 1613 on the edge of Enfield Chase and called Cockfosters. It is suggested that this was a residence of the chief forester (or cock forester), hence this rather unusual name which, until the arrival of the tube, was sometimes spelt as two words.

Prior to the station’s opening the name Trent Park was considered, but it opened as Cockfosters on 31 July 1933.

COLINDALE

Colindale

Colindale was recorded as Collyndene in 1550, Collins Deepe in 1710 and probably should be associated with the family of John Collin who once lived here. The ’Deep’ must refer to the valley of the nearby Silk Stream (later changed to Dale, from the Old English dael, ’a valley’). Colindale, therefore, means ’the home of the Collins Family in the valley’.

The station was opened as Colindale on 18 August 1924.

COLLIERS WOOD

Colliers-Wood

Colliers Wood takes its name from the Colliers or ’charcoal burners’ who worked in this area during the 16th century.

The station was opened as Colliers Wood on 13 September 1926.

COVENT GARDEN

Covent-Garden

Covent Garden was originally the walled enclosure and garden belonging to the monks of Westminster Abbey, recorded in 1491 as Convent Garden (from Old French couvent), which stretched from Long Acre to the Strand. After the dissolution of the monasteries the site was claimed by the Crown and sold to the 1st Earl of Bedford in 1552 who had a house built here, while the 4th Earl had the area laid out as a residential quarter. Covent Garden was famous for its fruit market established in 1661, now moved to a site at Vauxhall in south London, and for its Royal Opera House, the third and present one on this site being built in 1858.

The station opened as Covent Garden on 11 April 1907.

CROXLEY

Croxley

The name is derived from the Old English crocs, ’a clearing’ and leah, ’a forest’ – means ’the clearing in the forest’. It was recorded as Crocesleya in 1166 with variant spellings until 1750 when it was known as Crosley (Green).

The station was opened as Croxley Green on 2 November 1925 and re-named Croxley on 23 May 1949.

DAGENHAM EAST

Dagenham-East

The name Dagenham was originally recorded as Daccanhamm in 692 and is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Daecca and the Old English ham, ’a homestead’ and means ’the home of Decca’ and his family, that once lived on a site here. It was recorded as Dakenham in 1254.

The station was opened as Dagenham by the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway on 1 May 1885, and was first used by Underground trains on 2 June 1902. It was re-named Dagenham East on 1 May 1949.

DAGENHAM HEATHWAY

Dagenham-Heathway

The name Dagenham was originally recorded as Daccanhamm in 692 and is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Daecca and the Old English ham, ’a homestead’ and means ’the home of Decca’ and his family, that once lived on a site here. It was recorded as Dakenham in 1254.

The Heathway as the name suggest takes its name from the road that runs to the north, through Dagenham to Becontree Heath.

The station was opened as Heathway on 12 September 1932 and re-named Dagenham Heathway in May 1949.

DEBDEN

Debden

Debden takes its name from a natural location of the area and is recorded as Deppendana in the Domesday Book. It is derived from the Old English deb, ’deep’ and den, ’valley’ – which means simply ’the deep valley’. It was recorded as Depeden in 1227.

The station was opened by the Great Eastern Railway as Chigwell Road on 24 April 1865, and re-named Chigwell Lane on 1 December 1865. It was again re-named as Debden on 25 September 1949 when first used by Underground trains.

DOLLIS HILL

Dollis-Hill

Dollis Hill was recorded as Daleson Hill in 1593 and later as Dolly’s Hill, but the name origin is unknown: possibly it is taken from a nearby manor that once was here. Dollis Hill Lane, the main road, climbs the Hill at this point.

The station was opened as Dollis Hill on 1 October 1909.

EALING BROADWAY

Ealing-Broadway

Gillingas was recorded for this area c. 698 and is derived from the Saxon people the Gilla and the Old English place name word ending, ing, literally, ’the people who lived at’. It has had many changes of spelling – Ilingis c. 1127, then Yealing to Ealing in 1622. The Broadway is the main road beside the station

The District Line station, adjoining that of the Great Western Railway, opened as Ealing Broadway on 1 July 1879. Central Line platforms being added on 3 August 1920.

EALING COMMON

Ealing-Common

The Common lies to the south of the Ealing Broadway station. The meaning of the word ’common’ is track of open land used in common by the inhabitants of the town.

The station was opened on 1 July 1879 as Ealing Common; renamed Ealing Common & West Acton in 1886; and reverted to Ealing Common on 1 March 1910.

EARL’S COURT

Earls-Court

After the Conquest the De Vere family were granted the Manor of Kensington which at one time had a court house. Later the head of the family was created Earl of Oxford, hence the name Earl’s Court. The old Court stood beside a little lane which is still called Old Manor Yard, but the court building was demolished in 1886. Now on the site are Barkston and Bramham Gardens.

The station was opened as Earl’s Court on 31 October 1871, burnt down 30 December 1875 and repaired temporarily; new station further west opened 1 February 1878.

EAST ACTON

East-Acton

See Acton Town for meaning the name. East Acton was formerly a separate hamlet from Acton and was recorded as Eastacton in 1294.

The station was opened as East Acton on 3 August 1920.

EASTCOTE

Eastcote

Eastcote was known as Estcotte during the 13th century and the name is only slightly changed in the course of time. The name is derived from the Old English cote, ’cottage’ or ’shelter’ and means ’the cottage(s) to the east, literally the hamlet to the east of Ruislip, for there was once a Westcott also.

The station was opened as Eastcote on 26 May 1906.

EAST FINCHLEY

East-Finchley

See Finchley Central.

The station was opened as East Finchley on 22 August 1867 and was first used by Underground trains on 3 July 1939.

EAST HAM

East-Ham

East Ham was recorded as Hamme in 958 which signifies that this and West Ham comprised one single geographical location and not until 1206 was the name Eastham recorded. The name is derived from the Old English hamm, ’a water meadow’ – referring to the low-lying riverside meadow near the bend of the Thames. (See also West Ham.)

The station was opened as East Ham by the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway on 31 March; first used by Underground trains on 2 June 1902.

EAST PUTNEY

East-Putney

See Putney Bridge.

The station was opened as East Putney by the London & South Western Railway on 3 June 1889 and was served by District Line trains from that date.

EDGWARE

Edgware-(2)

Edgware was recorded Aegces Wer in 972–8 and Eggeswera later and is derived from the personal name of a Saxon Ecgis and weir – means simply, ’Ecgis’, fishing pool from a local stretch of water. From an early set of boundaries the precise position of the fishing pool can be ascertained; it is where Watling Street (now Edgware Road) crosses the Edgware Brook.

The station was opened as Edgware on 18 August 1924.

EDGWARE ROAD

Edgware-Road

Edgware Road was once part of Roman road called Watling Street that ran from Dover through London to St Albans. During the 18th century the road became Edgware Road, being the direct route from Marple Arch to Edgware, which lies to the north west. Until the early 1900s it was often spelled Edgeware.

The Metropolitan line station was opened as Edgeware Road on 10 January 1863; the separate Bakerloo Line station was opened as Edgware Road on 15 June 1907.

ELEPHANT & CASTLE

ElephantCastle3

Elephant & Castle was named after an old tavern which was originally on the site of a 16th-century playhouse, the ’Newington Theatre’, which staged many of Shakespeare’s plays. Later converted into a tavern and, during the 18th century, to a posting house and inn, being rebuilt in 1816 and again in 1898. The tavern had a gilt model of an elephant and castle on its frontage, which was preserved when the building was demolished in 1959, and is now displayed in the nearby shopping centre. The sign originated from the badge of the Cutler’s Company who adopted the elephant as its device in 1445 when at the marriage of Henry VI to Queen Margaret the members of the Company wore elephants as decorations upon their coats or shields; this may have represented the ivory used cutlers for their craft. The theory that the name is a corruption of The Infanta of Castile has no historical foundation. The present day ’pub’ stands a short distance from the old site.

The Northern Line station opened as Elephant & Castle on 18 December 1890; the Bakerloo Line station on 5 August 1906.

ELM PARK

Elm-Park

As the name suggest, Elm Park takes its name from natural local woodland and was perhaps a meeting place of the local inhabitants long ago.

The station was opened as Elm Park on 13 May 1935.

EMBANKMENT

Embankment2

The Embankment is the roadway by the River Thames. In 1863 an Act of Parliament was passed for the building of the embankments and work started immediately on the new Victoria Embankment between Westminster and the Temple. It was completed and opened to the public in 1870.

The District Line station opened as Charing Cross on 30 May 1870. The Bakerloo Line station, opened on 10 March 1906, was first named Embankment; then re-named Charing Cross (Embankment) on 6 April 1914 when the Northern Line platforms were opened. The combined station was named Charing Cross 0n 9 May 1915. It was re-named Charing Cross Embankment on 4 August 1974, being further re-named as Embankment on 12 September 1976.

EPPING

Epping

Epping was recorted as Eppinges in the Domesday Book from the people known as Yippinga, derived from the Old English yppe, ’ a raised place’ and the ing word ending (literally ’the people who lived here’) and means ’the people who live on the uplands’ referring also to a look-out post they had here. It was recorded as Upping in 1227, then Epping.

The station was opened as Epping by the Great Eastern Railway on 24 April 1865 and first used by underground trains on 25 September 1949. Since 30 September 1994 Epping has been the eastern terminus of the Central Line, the Ongar branch having closed on that date.

EUSTON

Euston

Euston takes its name from the main-line station, opened on 20 July 1837, which was adjacent to Euston Grove and Euston Square on the estate held by the Duke of Grafton, whose seat was at Euston Hall, Suffolk.

Prior to the Underground station’s opening the name of Melton Street was considered, but the station opened as Euston on 12 May 1907.

EUSTON SQUAREEuston-Square

Euston Square was laid out in 1805 and, like Euston, takes its name from the seat of the Duke of Grafton. The station is on the site of a farm which existed as late as 1830.

The station was opened as Gower Street on 10 January 1863 and was re-named Euston Square on 1 November 1909.

Share This:

LONDON TUBE STATIONS 1, A-B

”Hi, my name is Francis. I am your travel guide to the roots of the London Underground and to the origins of the names of all stations currently in use. Relax and welcome! Here are the stations from Acton Town to Burnt Oak.”

ACTON TOWN

Acton-Town

Acton Town was recorded as Acton(e) in 1181 and the name is derived from the Old English ac, ’oak’ and tun, ’a farm’ – meaning ’the farm by the oak tree(s)’. There was a busy little village in this area from the 16th century onwards developing into the town of Acton. It has been known as Church Acton to distinguish it from East Acton, formerly a separate hamlet.

The station was built as Mill Hill Park on 1 July 1879; rebuild with the name Mill Hill Park on 20 Feb 1910; but re-named Acton Town on 1 March 1910.

ALDGATE

Aldgate

Aldgate is named after the gate which once spanned the road between Dukes Place and Jewry Street. The original gate was built by the Saxons and the name is derived from Aelgate – meaning ’open to all’ a free gate. It has been also interpreted as the old-gate but this is probably incorrect. Aldgate was one of the original four gates in the City Wall, rebuilt in 1609 but demolished in 1761.

The station was opened as Aldgate on 18 November 1876.

ALDGATE EAST

Aldgate-East

See Aldgate.

The proposed name of the original station was Commercial Road, but it opened as Aldgate East on 6 October 1884. The station was moved a short distance east in 1938.

ALPERTON

Alperton

Alperton, originally Ealhberhington, was recorded as Alprinton in the 12th century and the name is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Ealhbeart and Old English tun, ’a farm’ – means ’the farm of Ealhbeart’ and his family who once lived on a site here. It is sometimes recorded that Alperton is derived from ’apple farm’, but this can be discounted. The name changed to Alperton in the course of time.

The station was opened as Perivale-Alperton on 28 June 1903 and re-named Alperton on 7 October 1910.

AMERSHAM

Amersham

Amersham was recorded as Agmondesham in 1066 and the name is derived from the original wording Ealgmundsham, being the personal name of the Saxon Ealgmund, and Old English ham, ’a homestead’– ’the home of Ealgmund’ and his family who once lived a site here. Changed to Amersham c. 1675.

The station was opened as Amersham on 1 September 1892. It was renamed Amersham & Chesham Bois on 12 March 1922, reverting to Amersham in about 1934.

 ANGEL

Angel

This district and road junction at the end of City Road takes its name from a once famous coaching inn that dates from at least 1638.

The Angel was one of the commonest mediaeval inn signs and in the mid-18th century there were 23 Angel Alleys and 30 Angel Courts in London. The building now stands empty and little noticed on the corner of Pentonville Road and Islington High Street. The only indication of its past history is Angel Mews, which runs behind the building.

The station was opened as Angel on 17 November 1901 and was completely rebuild in 1992 to cope with a much higher usage.

ARCHWAY

Arcway

In 1813 the Archway Road was constructed to avoid the slope up to Highgate Hill. The viaduct was designed by Sir Alexander Binnie and built in 1897 over the road in place of the former Highgate Archway which was a short tunnel. The district is, therefore, known as Archway. Railings, seven feet high, were erected on the viaduct to discourage the many suicides that took place here, but the view is still spectacular.

The station was opened as Highgate on 22 June 1907, although Archway Tavern appears on at least one pre-opening map. With the building of the northern extension to form an interchange with Highgate LNER, Highgate South was considered before the name was changed to Archway (Highgate) on 11 June 1939, and Archway in December 1947.

ARNOS GROVE

Arnos-Grove

Arnos Grove was recorded as Arnold(e)s Grove in 1551 and it seems that the name should be associated with the 14th-century family of Margery Arnold who once lived in this area. The Grove itself runs to the north of the nearby Arnos Park.

The station’s name was planned to be Bowes Road, but it opened as Arnos Grove on 19 September 1932.

ARSENAL

Arsenal

Arsenal takes its name from the famous Arsenal Football Club which moved here in 1913 from Woolwich where it had been founded at the Royal Arsenal Factory in 1884 – hence the nickname for the team: The Gunners.

The station was opened as Gillespie Road on 15 December 1906 and re-named Arsenal on 31 October 1932 at a pre-war height of the Club’s fame.

BAKER STREET

Baker-Street

Baker Street was completed in 1799 and was named after either Sir Edward Baker of Ranston in Dorset who was the owner of an estate in the area, or more probably, William Baker who developed an estate after purchasing land from William Portman (who owned the whole area) in the eighteenth century. The street is, of course, associated with the famous fictional detective Sherlock Holmes ’who had rooms at 221b Baker Street’.

The Metropolitan Line station was opened as Baker Street on 10 January 1863, the ’extension’ line station opened on 13 April 1868, and the Bakerloo Line station on 10 March 1906.

BALHAM

Balham

Balham was known as Baelenham in 957 and later as Baelganhamm being derived from the personal name of the Saxon Bealga, and Old English ham, ’a homestead’. It means ’the home of Bealga’ and his family who once lived on a site here. It was recorded as Balgaham in c. 1115.

The station was opened as Balham on 6 December 1926.

BANK

Bank

Bank takes its name from the Bank of England which was established in 1694 based on the proposals of William Paterson, a Scotsman. From 1964–1724 the business of the Bank was carried on at Mercers’ Hall, and then at Grocers’ Hall. In 1724 a site in Threadneedle Street was purchased; the building was erected in 1732–34 and rebuild in 1940.

Threadneedle Street was recorded in 1598 as Three needle Street; this probably refers to a tailor’s sign, for this area was once an enclave of tailors and drapers, or a children’s game ’threadneedle’, first noticed in 1751 but which may be two centuries older. There is no evidence that the street was ever the centre for the Needlemakers’ Company.

The Waterloo & City Railway was opened by the Duke of Cambridge on 11 July 1898 which was the 50th anniversary of the opening of the original Waterloo Station. The City Station was called City, although sometimes referred to as Mansion House. It was not re-named Bank until 28 October 1940. The Northern Line station was opened as Bank on 25 February 1900, Lombard Street having been its planned name at one stage, followed by the Central Line Bank station on 30 July 1900. The re-constructed station was opened on 5 May 1925.

BARBICAN

Barbican

Barbican was called barbicana when a Roman Tower once stood just north of the street that now bears this name. Barbicana is Latin in origin and, in this turn, is probably from the Persian wording meaning ’upper chamber’. The Saxons named the tower burgh kennin — meaning ’town watchtower’, on which for many centuries fires were lit to guide travellers to their destinations across London. It seems the tower was pulled down in 1267 on the orders of Henry III but it was then rebuilt in 1336 on the orders of Edward III. The date when the tower was finally demolished is uncertain but it is known there was a house on the site in 1720. The area has been extensively re-developed since the Second World War as the Barbican Project.

The station was opened as Aldersgate Street on 23 December 1865; re-named Aldersgate & Barbican 1923, and Barbican on 1 December 1968.

BARKING

Barking

Barking was recorded as Berecingum in 735 and is probably named from the Saxon people the Bercia and the Old English place name word ending ing, literally ’the people who lived at ’. Barking, we can deduce, means – ’the home of the Bercias’. The area was divided in the various manors in the Middle Ages, one being Berengers, a variation on the original name. It is also possible that the name can be interpreted as ’the dwellers among the birch trees’ and, maybe, this referred to the Bercias.

The station was opened as Barking by the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway on 13 April 1854 and first used by Underground trains on 31 May 1902.

BARKINGSIDE

Barking-Side

Barkingside was named in 1538 being on the extreme edge of the old parish of Barking. The word side is associated with a slope or hill especially one extending for a considerable distance which was no doubt the case during the 16th century.

The station was opened as Barkingside by the Great Eastern Railway on 1 May 1903 and first used by Underground trains on 31 May 1948.

BARONS COURT

Barons-Court

Unlike Earl’s Court this name has no connections with the law, or the nobility, but was so named after an estate that extends from the District Line to Perham Road to the south. The estate was planned by Sir William Palliser and built at the end of the 19th century. The name was fabricated perhaps in allusion to the title of Court Baron then held by the Lord of the Manor or because Earl’s Court was the name of the nearby district.

The station was opened as Barons Court on 9 October 1905.

BAYSWATER

Bayswater

Bayswater was recorded as Bayard’s Watering in 1380 and has had many variant spellings before named as Bay(e)swater by 1659. The original Bayard’s Watering was the where the Westbourne Stream crossed the Oxford Road (now Bayswater Road) and is possibly derived from the Bayard family who once lived in this area.

The station was opened as Bayswater on 1 October 1868. Later known as Bayswater (Queen’s Road) and then Queen’s Road, Bayswater. Re-named Bayswater (Queen’s Road) & Westbourne Grove on 20 July 1922. Then name reverted to Bayswater in 1933.

BECONTREE

Becontree

Becontree is thought to take its name from a local natural feature although associated with the Saxon people the Beohha who had an encampment by a distinctive tree, which was probably a boundary mark. It was recorded as Beuentreu in the Domesday Book. It is possible, however, that the name is from Old English, beacen-treo(w), ’beacon tree’ being an old meeting place.

The station was opened as Gale Street by the London Midland & Scottish Railway on 28 June 1926; re-named Becontree 18 July 1932. Used by Underground trains from 12 September 1932.

BELSIZE PARK

Belzise-Park

Belsize Park was recorded as Balassis in 1317 from the Old French wording bel asis, which means ’beautifully situated’, and was no doubt aptly named from the manor house and park which were once on the present site of Belsize Square. No fewer than ten streets in this part of north west London include Belsize in their name.

Before the station opened plain Belsize was considered for the name, but it was opened as Belsize Park on 22 June 1907.

BERMONDSEY

Bermondsey

Bermondsey was recorded as Vermudesi c. 712 and as Bermundesy in the Domesday Book and the name is derived from the Saxon lord of the district, Beormund and his family who lived here and the Old English Eg – ’an island’ (or marsh) – ’Beormunds island’. The name changed to its present spelling over time.

The station opened as Bermondsey on 17 September 1999.

BETHNAL GREEN

Bethnal-Green

Blithehale was the recorded name for this district during the 13th century. The second element hale means ­– ’an angle or corner of land’. Maybe Blithe is a corruption of the personal name Blida, a family who resided here in the reign of Edward I (1272–1307), or perhaps refers to an ancient stream of this area called Bythe. The ’village green at Bathon’s river meadow’ could be the complete meaning of the name. It has had many changes or spelling until recorded as Bethnal Green in 1657. On what remains of the Green now stand St John’s Church (built in 1825–28), the Bethnal Green Museum and the local public gardens.

The committee of the New Works Programme 1935/40 considered the name Bethnal to avoid confusion with the London North Eastern Railway station of Bethnal Green Junction although when the station opened as Bethnal Green on 4 December 1946 the LNER had adopted the same name for their own station.

BLACKFRIARS

Blackfriars

This area takes its name from the colour of the habits worn by the friars of a Dominican monastery who were known as Black Friars. The monastery was established during the 13th century by the Earl of Kent, but was closed on the orders of Henry VIII in 1538. Part of the building later became the Blackfriars Theatre which was pulled down in 1665.

The station is built on the site of Chatham Place which was named in honour of William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham. The station was opened as Blackfriars on 30 May 1870.

BLACKHORSE ROAD

Blackhorse-Road

Blackhorse Road was recorded as Black House Lane in 1848 which is the correct spelling, for the road takes its name from an old Black House, being on the site of an old Clock House. Changed to Blackhorse Lane (then road) at a later date, this change has some connection with the east London dialect.

The station was opened as Blackhorse Road on 1 September 1968.

BOND STREET

Bond-Streer

Bond Street was laid out in 1686 to designs by Sir Thomas Bond, Comptroller of the Household of Queen Henrietta Maria (The Queen Mother), and is named after him, although he died in 1685. The street is now renowned for its fashionable shops and picture dealers’ galleries. The south portion of the street is known as Old Bond Street, being re-named in 1734, while the north portion running to Oxford Street is known as New Bond Street, named in 1732.

Before the station opened, the name Davies Street was proposed, but it opened as Bond Street on 24 September 1900.

BOROUGH

Borough

This district is part of ancient London, for here the Romans founded a settlement and built a ’high street’ as an approach to London Bridge. The Borough is a small part of Southwark and although the word borough means ’a fortified place’ (Old English burh) the word now has another definition. It also refers to a town with its own local government, for in the late Middle Ages this was the only London Borough both outside the City Wall and sending its own Member to Parliament. It has kept its name ever since.

The station was opened an Borough on 18 December 1890.

BOSTON MANOR

Boston-Manor

This Boston has not connection with its more famous namesakes in Lincolnshire or the USA. Known during the 14th century as Bordeston from Bords (a personal name) and the Old English tun, ’a farm’ – means ’Bords farm’, which in its turn has been corrupted to Burston, then Boston during the 16th century. The Manor originally belonged to the convent of St Helen’s Bishopsgate and its ownership has changed hands many times during the course of history. Boston Manor is noted for its Tudor and Jacobean Mansion – ’Boston House’.

The station was opened on 1 May 1883 as Boston Road, re-named Boston Manor on 11 December 1911, and the rebuilt station was completed 25 March 1934.

BOUNDS GREEN

Bounds-Green

Bounds Green is a district of North London whose name is derived from its association with the families of John le Bonde in 1294 and Walter le Bounde during the 13th century and being recorded as le Boundes in 1365. Bounds Green is the modern version of the name. Nothing is left of the Green, the area now occupied by the Bounds Green Road.

Prior to the opening of the station the name of Brownlow Road was proposed, but it opened as Bounds Green on 19 September 1932.

BOW ROAD

Bow-Road

This main road is so called from an arched (’bow’) bridge built over the River Lea in the 12th century; or from the bow (or bend) in the road to the east of the station, which can still be seen just to the west of the modern fly-over.

The station was opened as Bow Road on 11 June 1902.

BRENT CROSS

Brent-Cross

Brent Cross takes its name from the nearby river that joins the Thames at Brentford and was recorded as Braegente in 959. In its turn the river-name is derived from the hypothetical Old English Brigantiga, probably meaning the holy or high river and as the river flows mostly through low country the former is more likely. The name became Brent(e) by the 13th century.

The station was originally proposed to have been named Woodstock, but it was opened as Brent on 19 November 1923 and re-named Brent Cross on 20 July 1976.

BRIXTON

Brixton

Brixton is recorded as brixges stane in 1062, and as Brixistan in the Domesday Book. The name is derived from the personal name of the Saxon Beorhtric and the Old English stane, ’stone’. Stones were often used as meeting points. The name changed to Brixton in the course of time.

The station was opened as Brixton on 23 July 1971.

BROMLEY-by-BOW

Bromley-by-Bow

Bromley was recorded as Braembelege in 1000, Brambeley in 1128 and is derived from the Old English broom (tree) and leah, ’a forest’. The  main road (Bow Road) is so called from an arched (’bow’) bridge built over the River Lea in the 12th century; or from the bow (or bend) in the road.

The station was opened by the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway on 31 March 1858 as Bromley. It was first used by Underground trains on 2 June 1902 and was re-named Bromley-by-Bow on 5 May 1968.

BUCKHURST HILL

Buckhurst-Hill

As the name suggests, Buckhurst Hill takes its name from a local natural feature, recorded as Bocherst(e) in 1135 from the Old English beech (tree) and hyrst, ’a copse’ or ’wood’ – later to be called Buckhurst. The area has also been called Goldhurst, the ’gold’ referring no doubt o the colour of the trees in the wood. The Hill refers to another nearby feature.

The station was opened as Buckhurst Hill by the Eastern Counties Railway on 22 August 1856 and first used by Underground trains on 21 November 1948.

BURNT OAK

Burnt-Oak

Tradition has it that the Romans had a site near here which they used as a boundary mark where fires were lit as a guide – so a burnt oak.

Prior to the opening of the station the name Sheaves Hill was proposed. This was not liked by Hendon Urban District Council, who suggested Burnt Oak, Orange Hill or Deansbrook. The station was opened as Burnt Oak on 27 October 1924.

Share This:

KESÄMAKUJA SILJAN JA TALLINKIN LAIVOILLA

PÄÄSIN LEHDISTÖN EDUSTAJANA maistelemaan ennakkoon Tallink-Siljan risteilyaluksilla tarjottavan viiden ruokalajin Menu Nordicin.

Skandinaavisia makuja tarjoava menu on Suomen kokkimaajoukkueen käsialaa ja sitä on ollut koordinoimassa Tallink-Siljan ravintolatoimen johtajaksi helmikuun puolivälissä nimitetty Matti Jämsen.

Ennen siirtymistään Silja Linelle Jämsen on urallaan saavuttanut lukuisia nimityksiä ja palkintoja kuten Vuoden kokki (2005), Food and Fun -voitto (2011) ja Kokkien Kokki (2015). Suomen edustajana arvostetussa Bocuse d’Or -kilpailussa Jämsen on ollut kahdesti assistenttinaan Antti Lukkari vuosina 2011 (5. sija) ja 2013 (4. sija).

Kokkimaajoukkue eli kokkileijonat puolestaan on Suomen kansallinen joukkue, joka edustaa Suomea kansainvälisissä kilpailuissa kuten neljän vuoden välein järjestettävissä kokkien olympialaisissa. Seuraava The Culinary Olympics -mittelö järjestetään Saksan Erfurtissa lokakuussa 2016.

Maajoukkueessa kokkaavat Kristian Vuojärvi  (kapteeni), Jarkko Pulkkinen, Aki Kinnunen, Janne Töllinen, Jenni Bergström, Mikko Pakola, Simo Pietarinen, Samuel Mikander, Joona Lehto, Eero Paulamäki, Marika Korhonen ja Emeliina Papinniemi. Joukkueenjohtajana toimii Tapio Laine.

Tämän kesän Menu Nordicin täydentävät Marchese Antinorin viinit, joita voi ostaa mukaan myös Silja Serenaden ja Silja Symphonyn Bon Vivant -viinimyymälöistä. Kuvateksteissä on mainittu viinien tax free -hinnat.

MENU NORDIC TARJOILEE kevään ja kesän makuja Pohjolasta.  Tuoreista raaka-aineista syntyvä kokonaisuus on moderni ja helposti lähestyttävä.

Hieman yllättäen keittiön tervehdys on jätetty pois ja pöytään saapuu alkuruoka Raparperia ja ruijanpallasta. Kevyesti savustettu kala yhdistettynä suomalaiseen raparperiin tarjoaa tuhdin ja raikkaan makuelämyksen. Mukana on myös kermaviilikastiketta.

Ruijanpallasta, raparperia, kermaviiliä. Viininä Marchese Antinori Cuvee Royale Franciacorta (21,50 €).
Ruijanpallasta, raparperia, kermaviiliä. Viininä Marchese Antinori Cuvee Royale Franciacorta (21,50 €).

Väliruokana on vuohenmaitopannacotta, artisokkalientä, pikkelöityä maa-artisokkaa ja persiljalientä. Annoksen intensiivisestä mausta voi löytää pohjoisen puhtaan maaperän.

Vuohenmaitoa, maa-artisokkaa, persiljaa. Viininä Marchese Antinori Castello della Sala San Giovanni Orvieto Superiore (14,90 €).
Vuohenmaitoa, maa-artisokkaa, persiljaa. Viininä Marchese Antinori Castello della Sala San Giovanni Orvieto Superiore (14,90 €).

Pääruokana tarjottavan kirjolohen seurana on grillattua fenkolia, fenkolipyrettä ja grillattua langustin pyrstöä. Lisukkeena on rapukermassa haudutettua varhaisperunaa. Kokkimaajoukkue onnistuu nostamaan kirjolohen takaisin fine dining -pöytään. Varhaisperuna on luonnollinen valinta lisukkeeksi. Kirjolohen asemesta pääruoaksi voi valita vasikan entrcotea, vasikanposkiterriiniä ja sipulia.

Kirjolohta, fenkolia, langustia, varhaisperunaa. Viininä Marchese Antinori Castello della Sala Cervaro della Sala (38,90 €).
Kirjolohta, fenkolia, langustia, varhaisperunaa. Viininä Marchese Antinori Castello della Sala Cervaro della Sala (38,90 €).

Juustoina tarjotaan Helsinki Meijerin Hakaniemi-juustoa, kuusenkerkkä-omenahyytelöä ja paahdettua saksanpähkinää. Tässä kuusenkerkkä-omenahyytelö antaa miellyttävää keveyttä tuhdille punahomejuustolle.

Juustoa, kuusenkerkkää, omenaa, saksanpähkinää.
Juustoa, kuusenkerkkää, omenaa, saksanpähkinää.

Jälkiruokana kesäinen Mansikkaa, valkosuklaata ja vaniljaa kruunaa aterian ja toimii täydellisesti suositusviininsä kanssa. Mummolasta tuttu mansikkamaito on saanut seurakseen valkosuklaamoussea, mansikkasorbettia ja vaniljalla maustettuja mansikoita.

Mansikkaa, valkosuklaata, vaniljaa. Viininä Marchese Antinori Castello della Sala Muffato (29,90 €).
Mansikkaa, valkosuklaata, vaniljaa. Viininä Marchese Antinori Castello della Sala Muffato (29,90 €).

Itse suosin aina kun mahdollista Helsinki–Tukholma-reitillä Bon Vivant -ravintolan erikoismenuita, koska niiden hinta-laatusuhde on sanalla sanoen lyömätän. Menu Nordic viineineen maksaa ainoastaan 118 € (Club One -asiakkaille 109 €).

Share This: